Driven by SunTech’s market-leading Advantage™ BP technology, the new Sun Tech CT40 is the ideal, affordable solution for clinical-grade spot-check measurements of blood pressure plus vital signs in hospitals and clinics. Ambulatory care, long-term care and low-acuity hospital departments can easily implement this versatile, user-friendly vital signs device that delivers SunTech clinical-grade performance, advanced features and digital connectivity.
Unique to the SunTech CT40, its modular design allows clinicians to easily make adaptations to the device while in the field – adding thermometry, SpO2 and Wi-Fi based solely on the needs of the patient. Other advanced features include the ability to transmit measurement data directly from the device in accordance with HL7 messaging protocols as well as BP Averaging Mode, a key component to accurate blood pressure measurement and used in the recent SPRINT trial conducted by the National Institute of Health (NIH).
With the Suntech CT40, you can count on us to deliver:
Quality: Clinical-grade Advantage™ BP technology
Reliability: Manual SphygMode™ for real-time verification of BP readings without removing the cuff plus built-in memory for up to 99 charting sessions
Accuracy: Customizable BP averaging protocol to ensure accurate, consistent readings (SPRINT recommended)
Connectivity: HL7 messaging protocols for data transfer with network connection through built-in LAN/Ethernet, 2 USB ports or optional Wi-Fi
Flexibility: Modular design for addition of optional temperature and SpO2 modules
Simplicity: Intuitive user interface with LCD display
Options & Accessories
- Touchless IR Thermometry
- Covidien Filac® 3000 Thermometry
- Masimo SET® SpO2 (perferred)
- ChipOx Nellcor® - Compatible SpO2
- Mobile Stand
- Barcode Scanner
Blood Pressure Specifications:
- Pressure: Diastolic: 20-200 mmHg (adult), 20-160 mmHg (pediatric).
- Systolic: 40-260 mmHg (adult), 40-230 mmHg (pediatric)
- Heart Rate: 30-220 BPM (beats per minute)
- Meets or exceeds ANSI/AAMI/ISO 81060-2:2013 standard for non-invasive accuracy (±5mmHg mean error with 8mmHg standard deviation).
Conditions for Use
- Operating: 10°C (50°F) to 40°C (104°F) 15 – 90% RH non-condensing - 700 kPa - 1060 kPa. Operating the monitor in an environment at maximum temperature can produce temperatures exceeding 41°C (41.6°C highest recorded) on a patient-applied part. It is up to the operator to determine if this temperature is too high based upon the condition of the patient and, if so, to ensure the ambient temperature of the environment is 38°C or below.
- -20°C (-4°F) to 55°C (149°F) 15 – 90% RH non-condensing - 500 kPa - 1060 kPa. Performance can be affected if used or stored outside the specified temperature, humidity, or altitude listed in the ranges above.
- Internal power supply. Input: 100-240 VAC @ 1.5A max, 50-60 Hz. Output +9VDC @ 5A IEC 320 type input connector.
- Type: 7.2v, 6600mAh Internal Lithium-Ion battery Run Time (full charge): ~20 hrs* / 200 BP cycles Charge Time: ~6 hrs @ 23deg Celsius +/- 2deg *Unit with BP, Temp, SpO2, Wi-Fi, barcode scanner
- The accuracy of cuff -pressure transducers/indicators should be verified bi-annually.
- Independent hardware over-pressure circuit and redundant software overpressure algorithm to limit cuff pressure to less than 300 mmHg (+20/-10mmHg). Independent hardware timing circuit and redundant software timer algorithm to limit the duration of a blood pressure cycle to less than 180 seconds.
- Size (without thermometer option): 8” H x 6.75’’ W x 5.2’’ D or 215mm H x 190mm W x 140mm D
- ANSI/AAMI ES60601-1:2005/(R)2012 and A1:2012, C1:2009/(R)2012 and A2:2010/(R)2012, EN 60601-1:2006/A1:2013, IEC 60601-1-2: 2007 EMC, IEC 80601-2-30: 2013, ISO 80601-2-61: 2011, ISO 15223-1:2012, ISO 10993-1, 2009, ISO 10993-5, 2009, EN ISO 10993-10, 2010, ISO 81060-2:2013, EN 50419: 2006, EN ISO 14971:2009, CSA C22.2 No. 60601-1, EN ISO 81060-1: 2012, IEC 60601-1-6: 2013
- Equipment Classification: Class IIa per MDD, Class I (Electrical Shock), Continuous mode of operation, CE
Ingress of Liquid
- Ingress Protection: IPX1: This device is protected against harmful effects of dripping water per IEC 60529
Parts and Accessories: Base Unit Contents
- SunTech CT40 Device with BP
- AC Power Cord
- 10’ BP Patient Hose
- Quick Start Guide
- Adult Plus OPD Cuff
- Large Adult Plus OPD Cuff
CT40 SunTech Configurations - English
CT40 SunTech Configurations - French
Quick Reference Cards
CT40 SunTech Brochure - English
CT40 SunTech Brochure - French